Bethlehem Housing and Support Services (BHSS) is seeking a motivated candidate who has a passion for our mission, enjoys organizing community based fundraising events and initiatives to generate revenue, and has enthusiasm for developing and implementing engagement strategies to create meaningful interactions with volunteers, donors, and supporters.
BHSS is a leading non-profit housing provider in Niagara providing affordable housing and services to support the personal growth of individuals and families. We believe that stable affordable housing and support services contribute to a vibrant, caring and inclusive Niagara where everyone has a home.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a key member of the fund development team and under the direction of the Philanthropy Manager will execute the operational and strategic plans of the Community Engagement and Investment department, and support the development of our marketing and communications with a donor centered approach.
BHSS offers a challenging and interesting environment that is supportive of both the community and professional growth and achievement of its employees. Our employees benefit from competitive salary, benefits and vacation time.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for program support and coordination of fundraising activities, including event coordination, marketing and communications, volunteer management, fundraising and database administration. This role requires a high level of customer service and the ability to set one’s own priorities and deadlines.
- Implement strategies to increase fundraising events and activities in the community to generate revenue, enhance the event experience and grow participation.
- Handle logistical planning, administration implementation and execution of current and future fundraising, donor, volunteer and community engagement events.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for third-party events and liaise with organizers.
Marketing and Communication
- Develop and coordinate the content, design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials including mail campaign newsletters, annual reports, etc.
- Develop content for monthly e-newsletters and email marketing campaigns, and manage email lists in accordance with the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- Implement and develop social media and communications strategies and maintain consistent posts on social media platforms and website.
Volunteer Engagement and Management
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers to assist with special events and other activities.
- Develop and implement an ongoing recruitment, retention, and recognition strategy, with the goal of increasing volunteer participation.
- Track, evaluate and report volunteer hours and assignments including maintaining volunteer lists that are accurate and up-to-date.
Fundraising and Database Administration
- Provide coordination support for the planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive fund development program.
- Recruit, support and motivate peer-to-peer fundraisers to create their own fundraising campaign using an interactive online fundraising platform.
- Develop, update and coordinate donor centered thank you letters and correspondence.
- Maintain up-to-date donor records including gift entries, contact and relationship information.
- Utilize Raiser's Edge database administration tools to help manage the database effectively.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in coordination of fundraising events, initiatives or activities with a proven track record in achieving targets/objectives.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with event production from initial planning to strategic post-event follow-up.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- A high level of organizational ability, attention to detail, and ability to manage tight timelines.
- Strong integrity, while demonstrating a commitment to confidentiality and ethical business practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use creative writing and storytelling techniques.
- Understanding of philanthropy and the non-profit and/or social service sectors is an asset.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database is a strong asset.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel within the Niagara Region, access to a vehicle is an asset.
Bethlehem Housing & Support Services is a proud supporter of diversity within the workplace. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to supporting the growing diversity within Canada. We would like to thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. No recruitment company inquiries.