We are currently seeking an Intake Support Worker to add to our team. Our organization offers a challenging and interesting environment that is supportive of both the community and professional growth and achievement of its employees.PURPOSE
The role of the Intake Support Worker is to act as the first point of contact and lead information advisor, for individuals who may be interested in learning more about Bethlehem Housing & Support Services (BHSS) as an organization. The role of Intake Support worker also includes immediate triage assessment of incoming calls to the organization, and provides a screening of the unique needs of each individual. The Intake Support Worker will then provide housing, service and/or support information offered by BHSS and also provide community referrals when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Diploma or Degree in Social Services or other public service related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in social service environment or agency.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of community services, local programming, and housing.
- Strong crisis management skills.
- Excellent written, active listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Mature and empathetic personality, able to relate to a diverse group of people in a positive and judgement free manner.
- Effectively works independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates and promotes an understanding and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of BHSS.
- Has own reliable transportation and automobile insurance.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Valid Certification in First Aid/CPR.
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Answer and redirect calls to appropriate staff within the organization.
- Complete intake screenings for housing applications and requests for support services.
- Assign files to Community Support Workers and Housing Administrator.
- Use established software programs and other information/data tracking methods.
- Provide information about BHSS housing, programs and services to clients.
- Provide assistance, information and referrals to individuals who may require support outside of the scope of work performed by BHSS.
- Use crisis management skills to ensure that all incoming inquiries from individuals and outside agencies are managed with a sense of urgency and in a supportive and understanding manner.
- Occasional travel to attend meetings, training, and other functions associated with this position.
- Provide reports to the Program Manager relating to service recommendations, outcomes, and assist with other types of evaluation as required.
CLOSING DATE is November 26, 2018
Please submit your resume and cover letter by completing the career form on our website or through Charity Village.