Through the Canada Summer Jobs program we are looking for an Early Childhood Educator Assistant for our EarlyON Child & Family Centre at Bethlehem Place. Apply by Monday, May 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Posting Date: April 23, 2019
Position: Bethlehem Housing and Support Services -Full-time in the EarlyON Child & Family Centre as an Assistant to the Registered Early Childhood Educators.
Hours: 15 weeks/ 30 hours per week – starting , May 21, 2019
Rate of pay: $14/hr
To be eligible to participate in the CSJ initiative, individuals must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- Intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- Be a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
- Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary program in the field of Early Childhood Education or Child and Youth Studies
- Complete a police record check for the vulnerable sector
Under the supervision of the EarlyON Child & Family Centre Coordinator, the Early Childhood Educator Assistant will be in a flexible position that may include duties such as:
- Provide program experiences that actively promote multi-cultural and inclusive interactions and attitudes
- Assist with the planning, delivery and evaluation of the Early Learning Centre’s activities, and ensures program content is appropriate to and consistent with the Early Years Guidelines, the goals and objectives of Bethlehem Housing and Support Services, as assigned and approved by the Early Learning Centre Coordinator
- Assist in carrying out program activities as set out in the monthly program schedule.
- Assist in delivering drop-in playgroups and early learning activities at main site and off site locations.
- Assist in the promotion of the emotional well-being of children, parents, caregivers and staff.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the toys and equipment.
- Assist in any special projects that may be developed throughout your work placement.
- Ensure the health, hygiene and safety measures are adhered to in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and policies and procedures set forth by Bethlehem Housing and Support Services
- Maintain a clean work environment adhering to organizational sanitary and safety standards including desk, bathroom, waste disposal, kitchen areas and surfaces, staff refrigerators, microwaves and dishwashers.
Please submit resumes to:
Tiffany Grant: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday May 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm
*NOTE: Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.