Bethlehem Housing and Support Services (BHSS) believes that your personal information and privacy is important. We make every effort to ensure the information recorded with us is accurate, securely retained and used only for the purposes of our organization.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Bethlehem Housing Administration Office at 905-684-1660 and speak with our Privacy Officer.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. Exceptions: business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information. The information BHSS collects is the minimum amount we need to demonstrate and maintain a service, volunteer, participant, donor or program relationship with you.
• contact and identification information, such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
• donation information such as date of gift, amount of gift, the campaign you contributed to, name of spouse or partner if it was a joint gift
• financial information such as your payment methods and preferences, billing and banking information
• other personal information used for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances (e.g. if you have demonstrated an interest in participating in a fundraising event, we may send you information regarding other fundraising programs and services)
How does BHSS use your personal information?
As explained above, BHSS uses your personal information for fundraising, to process donations, to respond to requests for services and information and to keep you informed about BHSS activities. We do not sell or trade our donor list.
We may use the information you provide to us in the following ways:
• to assist in the development of new programs, events and services
• to provide donation recipients with summary or aggregate information about our donations, programs and services
• for internal research purposes
• to develop advertising based on donor preferences
How is your information protected?
The security and confidentiality of your information is our highest priority. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your information and provide a safe and secure environment for online donations. We will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations, and we will only share personal information if you have given us specific permission to do so.
How is payment data collected?
How are E-Newsletter distribution lists managed?
The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user's traffic patterns, linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet "addresses" assigned to all web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). IP addresses are automatically logged by web servers.
When you leave the BHSS website
How You Can Access or Correct Information
You may change or modify information that you have already provided by contacting BHSS via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Administration Office at 905-641-1660.